Monday, April 23, 2012

I say YES to Nordic Walking!



I am thinking you are all having a wtf moment right now. People who haven`t heard about it wonder what it is , people who have heard about it don`t know the english translation for it. In Estonia we call it kepikõnd. So to those who have no idea what I am talking about it`s pretty much like powerwalking but with sticks. Since one of the purposes of this blog was to experience new things I tried it this saturday. I have wanted to try it for a while now but never gotten around to it. When I discovered there were some leftover nordic walking sticks hanging around in my workplace I took them with me and took my mother along and went walking. And loved it! Really, it`s much more forgiving to your knees than running and considering I need healthy knees in my job, walking is a much healthier choice. But it does really work your upper body too because with the right technique it`s quite a hard workout. There is a 10 km marathon coming up this Mother`s Day and I think I might spend it with my mom nordic walking in the marathon. She doesn`t know the plan yet so I`ll have to break it down for her gently. But she loved it too so I´m guessing she will agree to take part of the marathon with me. I`ll let you know how the plan worked out. ;)


Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment