Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 10 & 11 & 12



   So I knew this was gonna happen at some point but didn`t know to what extent. Turns out I am lazier than I thought. :D I missed 2 days of the challenge. I have been extremely tired these couple of days. On Thursday I was so exhausted after being in the sun the whole day and doing my 2 classes that I totally forgot about doing the challenge. On Friday I had 3 classes and also an event in the evening so when I got home at 1 at night it was most definitely not the right time to do the challenge. So I had like a full on yoga session today with 3 challenge videos.
  Day 10
It was a side body workout. It was sort of strange at first, I didn´t really feel it in my side area but as it went on I got the point. I love stretching out the sides of my body, it makes you feel 10 cm longer on each side. It was a pretty short one so nothing to talk about it really.
  Day 11
This was a restorative yoga session. It was really nice. I have been on my feet and out in the city walking the whole day so this was right up my alley in terms of waking my body up and stretching all the right muscles. There were the familiar twists and poses but you could hold them longer. Focus on the breathing and really silencing your body as you breathe. It also had a longer meditation at the end which was really relaxing. I tried meditation for a while after I started practicing Bodybalance but quickly lost track of it and didn`t really find time to do it which is sad because I do really like being quiet for a change. Especially since I have to be very vocal in my job. I should really try to make an effort and meditate some more. Maybe I`ll try to do a longer meditation after the challenges. We`ll see.
  Day 12
This one was my favorite of the three. It wasn`t so much of a yoga challenge as it was helpful tips of making your wrists stronger. As you know yoga challenges your wrists quite a lot. You have a lot of poses where you have the weight on your hands so you need strong wrists. Actually in general what people don`t know is that to get stronger wrists you can`t just save them from the load but you have to train them just like you train the rest of your body. So this challenge really had some awesome stretches to strengthen the small muscles in your hands and arms. I really recommend checking this video out if you are interested. Pretty much all of the exercises were executed sitting down so you don`t need a yoga mat or anything and you can do it in front of your computer.

All n all I will try to get back on track with the challenge`s but I didn`t really mind doing three of them in a row. It felt like a complete workout which was nice. :)

Namaste!
Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment