Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day 2 - opening the chest but not in a surgical way ;)



   I know that technically it`s the third day already when I am writing this but I did start the challenge when it was still day 2 so it still counts. Today it was difficult to find the time to do the challenge because since I am a fitness instructor I do have to deal with my normal classes as well. Since today I had four of them and all of them pretty demanding then the yoga challenge was pushed back until the wee hours of the night.
  I still got around to it and it was really good. It was all about opening the chest area muscles and there were some familiar poses like the warrior pose for example. To those who don`t know this is a good time to mention that I am actually a Bodybalance instructor but I have been on hiatus since spring so sadly I haven`t had the chance to practice it since then. So I am familiar with some of the poses and sequences. Today I felt that the breathing part was tricky at first because my nose was kinda stuffy but as I committed to breathing in and out of my nose it started to get better by the end of the challenge. This was actually a surprise for me because I have heard that you can easily open up your nose with only just breathing but up until today I really did not think that it actually worked. The breathing is really important in yoga and I slowly seem to get the idea why. Because my body and muscles are so tight right now I really feel the need to breathe slowly in these positions in order to completely get the beneficial result out of them. It really was a revelation today in that sense. So I am actually getting more and more into it which is really nice. Hopefully I get to do the third challenge tomorrow (well actually it is today) morning because I feel like I have so much energy now that it will be hard to go to sleep. :D

PS! I am really glad so many of you have given me positive feedback and encouragement with this little journey. No criticizing yet (well none in my face at least) which is good. But I do need to point out something. Some of you have congratulated me on taking up yoga and to me that feels a bit too soon calling it a real yoga practice. So let`s take it one day at a time and just get through this 30 day challenge first before calling me a true yoga lover :)

Namaste!
Kris.


No comments:

Post a Comment