Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 16 & 17 - it all works out in the end



   So remember my small meltdown in the last blog. Well turns out it is so true that you shouldn`t really stress about those little things and it`s the Murphy`s law that the second you stop worrying and let go the things will fall into place and it will all work out in the end. That is exactly what happened with the whole festival situation and I am so glad.
   I made the conscious decision again to put two challenges together today. It seems I have strained a muscle behind me knee. Don`t know if it was from the yoga for runner`s stretches or I did something in my own classes but it feels like I have overstretched a bit. So when I saw that day 16`s challenge was about splits I opted to combine it with the day 17`s non-stop standing flow. I started with the flow and it was really good. It is so warm here in my apartment right now that I broke out into a sweat immediately and felt how my muscles quickly got warm. I felt at ease with the breathing, it definitely has gotten better and longer. It was an easy routine with lots of downward dog- plank - cobra - downward dog sequence. Also stretches and warrior poses. I enjoyed it a lot.
   Then I did the splits challenge. I made sure I wasn`t overdoing it and that I made sure I was stretching the big muscles rather than the little ones behind my knee. It started out nicely with some good warming up exercises that lead up to the splits. Well I can safely say I am nowhere near nailing a full split with none of my legs. There was a time I could do it with my left leg in front but it seems I have lost that flexibility as well. As I do feel I am a bit injured I didn`t really push it too much not to strain something else. I know the way to a full split is hard work and dedication. I am not sure I have that going for me in the summer. It is much more fun to just relax and enjoy the summer than to worry about stretching so I could nail it fully. I must say though that I would most definitely like to achieve a split again one point in my life so I have made a conscious effort to work towards it more when the summer is over. ;)

Namaste!
Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment