Monday, July 7, 2014

Day 7 - bird vs crow

 


   Today's challenge was mastering the crow pose. Here comes my question, is there a difference between a crow pose and the bird pose? I can do the bird pose when the knees are placed on the inside of the hands but in today's challenge Erin placed the knees on the backs of her hands and now I am a bit confused. I remember when a year ago I conquered the bird pose at my bodybalance training. I still remember the feeling like it was yesterday. I felt like I could take on the world. And after taking on the bird in a basket pose which I also got the hang of, it was exilirating. Today I had mixed feelings. To be honest I was frustrated because I couldn't do it exactly like she did. Now thinking about it maybe I do not have to do it like her. Someone more knowledgable should help me now. I know yoga is all about practice but today felt like I am so far away from achieving anything because I just couldn't balance my body on the hands. The fact that my weight is pretty high because of my muscles isn't really helping me either. The fact that that muscle is turning into fat so quickly this summer is a whole other story :D Anyway, if someone could tell me the difference or if there even is a difference I would be very thankful. Plus I really feel like I want to practice more so I could master it because even though in the morning I was so angry at myself I am not willing to give up just yet. 

Namaste!
Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment