Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 3 - posture! balance!



    So it is day three of the challenge. I know I said yesterday that I will attempt to do it in the morning this time. Well that didn`t really work out in the end. I did wake up at a decent hour. Okay so the 9-17 work people are gonna laugh now but 10.30 in the morning when it`s your morning off is pretty decent right?! :D But when you just wake up that`s only half of the attempt done because I didn`t get out of bed til 12.15 and had an appointment at one so no yoga in the morning for me this time.
   The day itself was pretty good. Had a lovely lunch and catch up with some friends which is always good and then had 2 classes in the evening.
   I got around to yoga when it was 23.15 ( a lot of numbers in this blog post :D). It was the posture challenge which meant exercises for the back. My back is sort of a sensitive issue right now. I have discovered that it is totally crooked, one of my shoulders is higher than the other and maybe even one of my legs is shorter than the other but not sure. Some of it is caused by ballroom dancing that I practiced for ~9 years and the posture that you hold there. Some of it is due to the fact that I have been a dancer for 24 years. Some of it is caused by the fact that I am a full time fitness trainer and have been for the last 10 years. And most of it is due to the fact that I am the most lazy person and don`t bother to stretch correctly outside my classes. So right now it is all about controlling and managing the damage with my back. The exercises in today`s challenge were not hard but my back is stiff so it is difficult for me to stretch it fully and feel the right effect. But I am hopeful that as the time goes by I will gain back flexibility in my back. Maybe I should try taping it as well. Also a massage would be nice once in a while. Oh the luxury... :D
 

Namaste!
Kris.

No comments:

Post a Comment