Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 18-22 - and the bad yogi-blogger award goes to...



  I`ve been absent as you might have noticed. I really don`t have an excuse other than life happened. I`ve been lazy and also busy at the same time. I went to Positivus festival on the weekend. It was amazing. Spent some time alone there too and figured you totally don`t always need people around during these kinds of festivals. I did some people watching and met some new people and it was great. I did hang out with my friends which I loved and saw some amazing acts as well (shout out to Chet Faker who changed my world :D). Anyways I got left behind with the challenges but I was a good girl and caught up with them so I am back on track now. I must say though I did miss doing yoga during these days. I feel like it has become part of my day and when it`s gone it feels weird. I am glad Erin is doing another challenge in august as well so I will be able to continue my little yoga adventure. If you want to sign up for the next one visit www.erinmotz.com/challenge
  So on to the challenges. There has been quite a few but some of them sort of matched. Like day 18 and 19 were vinyasa flows in which movement is synchronized to the breath.
  Day 20 was about yoga twists which I loved because twisting your body is good for the digestion and also in my case good for my back. I enjoyed it very much.
  Day 21 was all about the headstand. It was a bit of a struggle in a sense that it scared me and I wasn`t sure if I can master it. Well turns out facing my fears is sort of my way of life these days so I decided I am not afraid and I am gonna at least try to do it and I did. Sure enough I only did the one with my legs bent but it was a headstand and I was proud of myself. I will try to practice it more and get the straight legged one as well in time.
   Day 22 ended up being a restorative yoga session which was awesome because I really needed all the stretching after sleeping in a tent and rocking out during the festival. I also was at the beach the whole day yesterday and I was tired so a lot of stretches and relaxation was just the way to end my day.
 

Namaste!
Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment